Friday, January 1, 2010

Billy Goats and Sunbeams


I hope this photo of this sunbeam comes out. It was early morning heading east out of Hazard towards Virginia and it was overcast and then I saw this beam break through, obviously lighting up some person, or some town. It was very cool to the eye, and hopefully through the lens.


As far as graffiti goes I thought this was pretty good work. Just a big old rock along the highway that somebody decided to decorate.

If a person wants to travel on empty highways, early in the morning on 01/01/10 might be the time to do it. This is Highway 23 in Kentucky and I saw no cars or trucks for a about an hour.


Taking a walk into the woods in Kentucky I stumbled across what I believe was a secret and sacred satellite dish graveyard. Showing respect I did not desecrate the area.

As with everything else I have learned in my life, I refer to grade school biology and I am pretty certain that these are goats, and the one on the left is a Billy goat....and in spite of what good friend Al may say, I am pretty sure these things bite. I did not get any closer to this, but, as is my normal strategy, I did toss a few sticks at them to see if they would look at me. They did, then I ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment