Friday, January 1, 2010

Diabetic Wildlife


There are lots of places to walk outside in Abingdon, Virginia where I am staying the night. And, apparently, there are even diabetic animals in the area. This syringe was laying in the snow in the woods. I can only imagine some poor bear, or raccoon or crow even, not feeling too well tonight because he lost his last dose of insulin. That is what I think anyway.

I also think this is a massive country with so much open space that it is just about inconceivable. I could have spent another month in Kentucky alone exploring the back roads. But alas, the only expense I can't seem to control entirely is gasoline and that means it is time to head home. I still maintain that it is best to travel on every type of road, without too clear of an agenda, and always, always turn around when something is interesting. Just my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Sean - I'm enjoying your trip with you... Call me when you get back & we'll find a window!

    ReplyDelete