Friday, January 1, 2010

Cranes, Crows, Coyotes, Frost, Logs and Greenhouses

I am a great distance away from this hillside, which is huge, and these are, believe it or not (and I did not so I climbed up there) logging roads that create the zig zag pattern.
Leaving Kentucky and into Virginia and into the Appalachian Mountains I saw this great scene off in the distance. The mountains are probably 5 miles away, but because of their height they were frosted with snow and it was a great view. Again, as always, if I knew how to use a camera it would be an even better shot.

This is why I turn around and go back and look at things. Driving by this green house looked simple enough, but I noticed that there were indeed trees growing through it. It was a very old wooden structure that has seen its better days, but still it was growing things. Look close if you can. Click on the picture. Those are trees growing through what used to be the old glass root. Lesson: always turn around and go back for another look. Life goes by so fast that I know I don't even see half the stuff I see. Illegal turn arounds on roads that say no U turn are allowed for this purpose. I am sure of it...I think.


Ah, my old friends the crows. This one was eating a dead coyote. What a glorious New Years Day meal for him. And yes Al, I took this shot from a distance as I did not want to be attacked by this obviously carnivorous and unafraid crow.


Just outside of tiny St. Paul, Virginia I saw this massive construction project with these huge cranes shining in the sun. It was in the middle of nowhere. I think I saw a sign that said "Dominion---no accidents since 12/30/09"

No comments:

Post a Comment